File Upload Question Type Now Available
You can now have the user of your form upload a file as an answer to a question. You may notice at first this question-type is grayed out. That is because your form must be set for only Liberty Center users. Once this setting is checked, file upload should be an option when you are choosing a question type.
What does this mean?
- You can collect any sort of a file from students through a form.
- File types include doc, sheet, presentation, drawing, pdf, image, video, and audio.
- If a drive file is submitted, it is actually a copy of the owner's file so you will not be able to see additional changes after the upload. You are the owner of the copy. They are the owner of the original.
- The copy of the file is automatically stored in a folder in your drive named with the title of the question that was used.
- You can locate this folder in the responses tab of your form responses.
- You can retrieve a link to each file submitted in the spreadsheet that is created from the form responses.
- At this point, users cannot upload a folder or more than one file. You would need a question for each file you would like submitted.
Lots of potential. Try it out and see how you like it.
- This could be used as a way for you to collect a project and then share it out to the class. You could quickly copy the links in the spreadsheet that is created for you and share those to the class so that students can see each others' projects. Or, if there is no other private information collected, just share the spreadsheet with your class.
Coming up Tomorrow:
Coming up Thursday: